We are looking for a qualified and experienced professional to join our growing company in the new role of Website Designer. The ultimate purpose of the Website Designer is to conceptualize and design as well as maintain and document the look and flow of Dieselmatic Partners’ websites.
Dieselmatic is a productized digital marketing agency for heavy-duty truck repair shops. We're filling the gap in a growing $12.1b industry that lacks modern solutions for marketing repair services. We are a growing team with ambitious expansion goals for 2022.
At Dieselmatic we adopt our core values in all areas of our careers. We CELEBRATE Each Other’s Excellence, We TRUST Each Other, We RAISE the Bar and We All Just Wanna have FUN! Working at Dieselmatic means being a part of building a career-defining, industry-changing solution.
Who You Are
This role is 90% Design and 10% Development.
You will be collaborating with our Website Developer as well as Dieselmatic Partners to bring to life the unique goals of each website. You will also work with the front-end sales team and SEO Specialist to conceptualize creative and strategic initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a consistent branding for each Dieselmatic Partner
- Take ownership of all design projects including page layouts & templates
- Select and prepare imagery to produce design assets for use on website, ad campaigns and social media
- Preparing design plans and presenting the website structure (user flows, process flows, sitemaps and wireframes)
- Responsible for developing UI/UX websites that are easy to use and engaging, with intuitive user interfaces that are easy to navigate
- Ensure sites are mobile friendly and that designs function across various devices
- Maintaining the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards
- Maintain design database for Dieselmatic & Dieselmatic Partners’ assets
- Organize and maintain digital asset library
- Prepare digital design assets such as flyers, articles, social media posts etc.
- Participating in Partner Onboarding Call and identify brand and voice of specific shop
- Update and modify websites based on Partners’ needs and requests
- Set up analytics tools, utilize data to modify and update design decisions
- Follow web standards, accessibility and usability best practices
- Understanding of website launch process
- Understanding of DNS Settings, hosting, email
- Maintain awareness and expertise of emerging technologies / industry trends, and apply them to operations & responsibilities
- Establish Website Design standards, guidelines and best practices
- Safety and Respect of the workforce.
- Good interpersonal skills and exceptional time management will be keys to success
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Personal ongoing development.
- Familiarize yourself with our current Partners, Target Market, Proven Process and Service Offerings
- Educate yourself on our CRM and communication management tools and SOPs
- Design and launch 3 new client websites
- Organize digital asset library
- Create framework and outline for standardizing website design processes
- Develop design system structure for client websites
- Successful Website Launch within one month of Partner Sign-On
- Measurement and optimization of design process
What technical knowledge do you need to perform in your role?
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, XD)
- Google Drive
- Google Ads
- Facebook Ads
Be part of a developing team. With 20 hires slated for 2022, we've got plenty of room for career development and are looking for ambitious team members who have big goals for their personal careers.
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from concept to launch
- Strong command of colour theory, image composition, and typography
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to deliver production-ready digital assets in a wide variety of formats
- One to three years of professional website design experience
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including best practices, AODA compliance, security, session management, and best development practices
- Social media and email marketing experience a plus
🚀 Fully Remote (Canada)
🎉 Three day weekend every other week (every other Friday off)
🤒 Unlimited Paid Sick Days
❤️ Unlimited Paid Personal Days (Mental Health, Cultural Celebrations, etc)
👶 Maternity, Parental & Family Leave
🏥 Comprehensive Benefit Package
📈 Opportunity for personal and professional growth
💯 ... and more!
This is a remote position, you must reside in Canada to be considered. While we appreciate all interest, only those qualified will be contacted for an interview.